Tuesday 13 March 2012

Three days and counting!

Evening, all! I'm sticking to my plan to post for seven consecutive days with the latest (and probably very boring) account of today.

The alarm went off at 6 o'clock for us to go to the gym - however, today Neil went on his own, as I felt a bit tired still, so stayed in bed and fell asleep again. Must have needed it! I did get some exercise, though, as I went to a Zumba class later in the morning and then did a fast(ish!) run on the treadmill in the gym - not for long, but just to try and see how I dealt with a more speedy pace. The answer? - okay for a short while, but not sustainable for any length of time (yet!).

I popped round to my friend Sally's house for a cup of tea and a catch-up this afternoon - it was lovely to sit out in the garden, enjoying the sunshine. Back home, a bit of domestic stuff and then off to Pilates, which I am rather enjoying now, after not being very convinced about it when I went to my first class a few weeks ago. However, I now think I can feel the benefits and it seems to incorporate some quite good physio for my shoulder, although I'm a bit limited in the range of movement sometimes. The instructor is very good about checking up on how I'm doing and suggesting slight variations to the exercise to accommodate my compromised shoulder.

And so, back home again, dinner eaten and a quiet evening in store. I'm dutifully zapping my face to try and encourage some nerve memory and to prevent the muscles lengthening, so I'm sitting here with my little electrodes attached to my mouth and chin, while Amy has her hair done in the other room and Neil is (like I am) stretched out on the sofa, with a cup of tea to hand.

Tomorrow, the plan is to go to the gym first thing, then I want to sort out some paperwork and do various domestic bits and pieces. Our friend Jonathan is calling round in the evening, so we will probably walk down to Old Oxted and have some dinner there.

I did say this would be boring! I've been so busy the last couple of days that I haven't had much time for introspection, which is probably a good thing. I did meet my friend Sally's neighbour today, as we walked from Sally's house for her to pick up her daughter from school and I was a bit self-conscious about my face, but didn't feel any need to explain why my mouth didn't work properly. And in other news, my CRB check came through, so next Tuesday I start as a volunteer at The Orpheus Centre, which will be really interesting as well as being a worthwhile use of my time - until I go back to work (whenever that might be...), I want to get to the end of each week and think "Yes, you made good use of the week", rather than feel I have frittered my days away.

No comments:

Post a Comment